Need a kidney friendly side dish for all your grilled food this summer? This colorful pasta salad goes great with whatever meat or poultry you are serving. Make this low sodium, lower potassium side dish the next time you grill out or go to the next picnic!
Lemon Herbed Pasta Salad
- 1 pound rotini or penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ fresh lemon
- Combine cooked pasta, peppers, red onion, and cucumber in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper, lemon zest. Squeeze and add the juice from half a fresh lemon. Whisk together until well blended.
- Add dressing to the pasta and vegetables and toss until well combined.
(per half cup serving): 239kcal, 18mg sodium, 195mg potassium, 107mg phosphorus
This recipe is used with permission from