Including shrimp into your CKD diet is a great way to get very lean, good quality protein in your diet. Not only is it naturally low in saturated fat and calories, it is a great source of selenium, vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids (great for the heart!).
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped shallots
- ½ fresh lemon
- 1 lb. raw, peeled shrimp
- 2 tbsp. fresh snipped parsley
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped basil
- 2 tbsp. grated lemon peel
- In a saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add in shallots and cook until soft.
- Add in shrimp and cook until done. Approx. 5-7 minutes.
- Add juice from ½ lemon, parsley, basil, and lemon peel. Stir until hot.
- Serve with cooked pasta.
(per 4oz serving): 248kcal, 275mg sodium, 175mg potassium, 221mg phosphorus
This recipe is used with permission from
Kathy Maister, August 13, 2008