Spritz Cherry Limeade
Let’s celebrate National Nutrition Month & National Kidney Month — make a toast to your kidneys with this refreshing Spritz Cherry Limeade!
Cherries are a great source of antioxidants! They are known to have anti-inflammatory properties that may promote health as well as help control blood sugars, blood pressure, arthritis
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 limes (juiced)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (or fresh pitted) dark cherries
- 3 cups ice
- 2 cups unflavored seltzer
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water to make a simple syrup. Heat mixture until it comes to a boil, turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Puree frozen cherries in a blender un
- In a pitcher, combine simple syrup, lime juice, pureed cherries, ice, and seltzer.
Calories: 152kcal, sodium: 3mg, Potassium: 175mg | Sugar: 32gm