Turkey and Pepper Fajitas
Try a new take on turkey. With no-salt-added, onions and peppers (low in potassium) bring flavor to this dish. This recipe no longer resembles the turkey dinner you ate yesterday, so there is no danger of your family becoming tired of leftovers with this jazzed up Tex-Mex fare.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 c green pepper cut in strips
- 1c red pepper cut in strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16oz turkey cut in strips
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream
1. Heat oil in a frying pan.
2. Add red onion, green and red bell pepper, minced garlic and sauté until very soft.
3. Add turkey strips and cook until heated through.
4. Stir in chili powder to taste.
5. Roll up in warm flour tortilla. Serve with small amounts of salsa and sour cream to taste.
Four servings per recipe. Per serving: 424k cal, 25g protein, 262mg phosphorus, 251mg sodium, 275mg potassium
This recipe is used with permission from