Looking for recipes to help keep your New Year’s weight loss resolutions and keep you full and satisfied? Try this scrumptious and healthy turkey chili! Ideal for anyone trying to lose weight but also a perfect meal if you have CKD. The aromatics and blend of spices gives this recipe so much flavor there is no need to use the salt shaker!
Turkey Vegetable Chili
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 14 oz no salt added stewed crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
1. Heat large skillet to medium high, add oil.
2. Saute ground turkey, onion, garlic, and zucchini until squash is tender. Drain excess fluid.
3. Add corn, stewed tomatoes and spices.
4. Simmer, covered, for approximately ½ hour. Makes 6 servings.
TIP: This recipe can also be made in a crockpot!
Nutrition Information (per 1 cup serving):
164kcal, 214mg sodium, 517mg potassium, 189mg phosphorus
Recipe used with permission from ARA